Saturday 20 July 2013

The House

It was good to meet Juliet and see the house as it meant I could get an idea of her taste in design and colour and measure the space available.  She is obviously a big retro fan and has lots of stylish furniture and flooring to fit the era of the house.

I gave her a box of photo's of mosaics I'd made in the past so that she could pick out her favourites which helped a bit more.  I'm sure we'd have chatted for hours had we not got other commitments as we seem to have a lot in common including both liking art deco design and sparkly things.

The conclusions we came to were that the mosaic should measure 130cm x 20cm to fit on the wall where the numbers are now, be made from large pieces of glass including some iridescent in the hot colour range with a dark background and with large quirky numbers.

That should keep me quiet for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment